We received a very exciting parcel in the post from Tiny Trolls of Norway. They had very kindly kitted out my double trouble for the Swedish winter with a whole winter outdoor wardrobe, and popped a few surprises in there for my little lady (their sizing only goes up to 8 years, and she’s a very tall 9 year old). Tiny Trolls of Norway is a high quality children’s outdoor clothing company for ages 1-8 years. The main aim of the business is to motivate and encourage families and their children out into the great outdoors. So, you can see similarities between my blog ethos and their’s already! Their motto is “There is no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothing”, and by making such high quality winter outdoor clothing for children, they are ensuring that children can play outdoors whatever the winter weather throws at them! So what had they sent us?
Tiny Trolls Winter Outdoor Clothing:
- Trollungen Winter Jacket: They had kindly sent us this in 2 different colours as I like my boys to be able to tell at a glance whose coat is whose, if possible. This jacket is waterproof to 10000mm!! That is a serious substantial amount, meaning they can play outdoors in the snow or winter rain for hours with no discomfort. It is 3000G breathable, and is also windproof. It is lined with the softest cosiest fleece ever. It has reflective detailing on the outside (very important in the long dark winters so the traffic can see the children), and the hood is detachable.
- Trollungen Winter Pants: These are made to the same high spec as the jackets. They are 10000mm waterproof, 3000G breathable, and also windproof. They are warm and padded, but so the child can still play and move, they have an adjustable waist and over the shoulder straps, there is a snug elasticated fit for the boot area, with a popper to undo to make it easier to get on and off, and there are stirrup straps to pop under boots, to prevent trousers riding up and letting the elements in. These also have some reflective detailing too.
- Tommel-Liten Winter Mittens: These gloves are again 10000mm waterproof, 3000G breathable, and windproof too. They are lined with the same softest, cosiest lining as the coats, and have large cuffs so they fit well either over the top of jackets, or underneath (which would prevent that unpleasant cold snow up the coat arm sensation).
- Lykketroll Winter Hat: These are so soft and warm 🙂 The outside of the hat is knitted, but on the inside it is lined with the softest fleece…plus they are very cute!
- Lurvehette Neckwarmer: As well as a hat for our little lady, they popped a neck warmer in as well for her. These are so useful in the winter as you can pull them up high over your face as protection against the elements and more often than not the freezing biting wind. They are very comfortable and soft. The boys and I live in our neck warmers in autumn, winter, and spring, and I have a feeling she will do too now!
So, these beautiful clothes needed to be put through their paces, so off we headed into Swedish nature for our Friday afternoon weekly adventure. I feel we certainly put the clothing through their paces as we spent three solid hours in driving rain with the children climbing trees, scrambling rocks, and crawling through very wet mud. So how did we get on?
Pros of Tiny Trolls Winter Outdoor Clothing:
- They certainly have not overstated the protection this clothing gives the child from the weather. It was nothing short of fantastic. The rain was just repelled by these garments and not soaked into the fabric at all. The twins were so cosy too, they only had base layers underneath. It was driving cold rain (only a degree or 2 too warm for snow) and blustery icy winds.
- The gloves are so easy for them to put on….a huge plus in mine and their eyes (twin 2 gets frustrated very fast with clothing that isn’t easy to manage). Plus they too repelled the wet so well. Often their gloves are soaked through by the end of a trip out as they are almost constantly touching wet objects…sticks, rocks, trees, sea water….but we might finally have found a pair that can go the distance (we haven’t before).
- We love the colours (not such a practical point!)
- They have such lovely detailing with the very cute Tiny Trolls embossing, as well as the reflective strips, and leather markings.
- They are very very warm, soft, and cosy.
- The clothes are very cute and look good too.
- They are very robust and made to last. My trio were climbing trees, scrambling on rocks and there was not a mark on the clothing.
- They dried fast from the rain and all the dirt seemed to just brush off, so they weren’t filthy after they dried.
- The hats were very comfy too. I get frequent complaining about hats being “scratchy” so this is good, especially as they wear them for 6 months of the year.
- Our little lady found the neck warmer so cosy and she spent most of the afternoon tucked into it hiding from the weather.
Cons Of Tiny Trolls Winter Outdoor Clothing:
I have scrambled around to find some cons, but it wouldn’t be a balanced review if I didn’t 🙂
- It’s 2 pieces…..this is fine for 1 of them, but twin 2 will take any excuse to venture out without the bottom half on, so I am going to have to make sure that the staff are on their toes at school! The all in one from Tiny Trolls don’t come large enough for my mini men.
- The trousers only come in the one colour….this won’t be an issue for everyone, but it’s nice for my twins to know whose is what at a glance. Boys clothing is often so limited anyway that they do have lots that are the same, it’s just handy when it is different.
Tiny Trolls clothing is fantastic and there really is “no bad weather” when you are wearing it 🙂
*We were sent the clothing from Tiny Trolls of Norway for free, to put through their paces and test, in exchange for writing the review. All opinions are honest and my own*