Ginger pears are an easy, yummy, warming campfire treat or pudding, that are especially good on a chilly autumnal day.
Ingredients For Ginger Pears:
You only need two things for these yummy ginger pears!! Pears and ground/grated ginger 🙂 Easy peasy!! I use one pear per person.
Method To Make Ginger Pears:
- Slice the pears, or chop into bite size chunks and place into your pan.
- Pour in water. One third of the way up the fruit level.
- Place on your fire and bring the water to boil.
- Once boiling, stir intermittently allowing the fruit to soften.
- Stir in well, a liberal sprinkling of ginger, and allow to cook for a few minutes longer.
- Serve up your ginger pears, and eat while warm.
My trio love stewed fruit, and I am also happy as I know they are getting a healthy treat or snack. We often do this at home too for a mid afternoon snack, or one of my other outdoor fruit based recipes. Take a peak in the outdoor cooking category for more inspiration 🙂