These delicious campfire fire cones are so simple to make, or rather, get your children to make!! They are tasty and delicious, and a melt in the mouth experience :-). We have made them a few times now, and every time they are a hit. I would thoroughly recommend using a spoon and plate though as they are a yummy gooey mess!
Campfire Fire Cone Ingredients:
- Ice cream cones
- Fruit (we used bananas. we have added strawberries too, and raspberries as well before)
- Chocolate chunks or drops. Dribbling chocolate sauce in also works a treat.
Method To Make Campfire Fire Cones:
- Slice the fruit up first.
- Then with everything else, stuff as much as you can into the ice cream cone (or your mouth as twin 1 is showing very effectively in this photo).
- Then wrap them up in tin foil and place them on the fire.
- The inside should melt to a pleasant sweet goo, while the outside is protected by the foil.
- Remove when the cone starts to feel soft to touch.
- After a few minutes, unwrap, place in a bowl, tuck in and enjoy your fire cones 🙂
We hope you enjoy these delicious campfire fire cones as much as we do, as they are a firm favourite now and we have them on our hikes quite often! Let me know if you try them and what you think 🙂