These chocolate orange brownies are delicious! It’s not just that I think this way because I was sat outdoors in 2 degrees, on a windy beach, but I have the approval of 3 fairly picky eaters! They are chocolatey and orangey, with just the right amount of goo left in the centre 🙂
Ingredients For Chocolate Orange Brownies:
The supply list for chocolate orange brownies is not set in stone, as long as the method is followed you should get the same result. I have pointed this out, as I live in Sweden, so not everyone will be able to access the same supplies as me.
- Chocolate cake mix: The main thing is you use some sort of ready made chocolate cake mix. Keep it really simple, so that you only need water or milk to add it (you don’t want to start carting eggs, butter, and sugar around). I was lucky that I found a mug cake mix.
- Milk: We needed a small amount of milk for ours.
- Oranges: You need 1 per person.
And then don’t forget any utensils you need or the tin foil!
Method To Make Chocolate Orange Brownies:
- Slice the tops off the oranges.
- Scoop out the flesh (which can be eaten whilst waiting for the chocolate orange brownies to cook).
- Then mix up the chocolate cake mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the oranges, wrap in tin foil, and place on the fire.
- Ours took about ten minutes to cook.
Unwrap the oranges from the tin foil, and what you have is a chocolate cake infused with the flavour and smell from the inside of the orange…hence chocolate orange brownies. As they are cooked on the fire, the heat is inevitably a bit hit and miss, and in this situation it can leave you with the sponge having a lovely gooey centre 🙂 Tuck in and enjoy!! If you have enjoyed this recipe, feel free to check out our other outdoor recipes 🙂