This campfire cinnamon bread recipe is very easy and can be prepared in advance. The cinnamon bread is very tasty, warming, and filling. It was a hit all round with my fussy trio. It was also a struggle to get the cinnamon bread dough cooked before they ate it up uncooked!! It was just what we needed while playing on a Swedish beach one cold November during sunset, but would be just as good for a camping breakfast, a hiking treat, or on a summer’s evening enjoying a campfire with friends. This recipe will make 15-20 servings.
Ingredients For Cinnamon Bread:
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup oil (we use olive oil as that’s what’s in the cupboard)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon powder
Method To Make Cinnamon Bread:
- Put all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Slowly mix in wet ingredients until you have a smooth dough.
- Put into a container to store until used (it can last a few days in the fridge).
- Take it out with you, and once you are ready to use it roll it into balls.
- Stretch a ball out into a long shape about 10cm and then wrap around your stick.
- Hold over the fire until cooked to perfection and then enjoy eating it all up!!
We hope you enjoy this yummy campfire treat as much as we did, and let me know how you get on if you try them in the comments below.