This outdoor cooking feast was lovingly named “banana squish” by my trio 🙂 It is campfire bananas. Doesn’t that make you want to try it 😉 It is rather delicious though, so don’t be put off by the name!! Who wouldn’t want to eat bananas with melted chocolate and marshmallow inside?
Ingredients For Bananas Squish:
- 1 banana per person
- Chocolate chunks
- Marshmallows (it’s easier with mini ones for this)
- Tin foil
- A knife
Method To Make The Bananas Squish:
- Slice open the bananas (keeping them inside their skins).
- Then “squish” inside the slit the chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
- We did three chunks of chocolate and a small handful of marshmallows, but it depends on the size of your banana.
- Then hold the banana together, whilst wrapping it up in tin foil.
- Place them on the fire and wait for it to cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove them from the fire (you may want to take gloves again for this as the foil is hot in the flames), and open the foil up. Scoop the insides of the banana out of the skin onto a plate. You should be left with a lovely squishy goo of banana, melted marshmallow, and melted chocolate – yummy!