I love all the seasons, and I am not sure I favour one more than the others. However, when the seasons start changing and moving on, I am always ready for a change and love what the next one might bring – especially now that we live somewhere that has four distinct seasons! So, now that winter is well and truly here, we have made a winter outdoor activities list of all the great things you can do during this fantastic, beautiful season, that brings frost, ice, and if you are lucky, snow.
Our Winter Outdoor Activities List:
- Go for a Valentine’s picnic
- Watch a sunset
- Go puddle jumping.
- Go on a night walk with torches.
- Catch raindrops on your tongue.
- Play pooh sticks.
- Paint with mud.
- Make nature ice blocks.
- Make a bird feeder.
- Go on an ice hunt.
- Find icicles.
- Draw in the frost.
- Watch a sunrise.
- Go stargazing.
- Blow bubbles outdoors. Even better to see if they freeze.
- Take a walk and look at everyone’s outdoor lights.
- Go outdoor ice skating. This is quite a popular activity now around Christmas time.
And if you are really lucky and get snow there are some extra winter outdoor activities:
- Make a snowman.
- Make snow ice cream.
- Make a snow den.
- Go sledging.
- Play snowballs.
I hope these have given you some inspiration of some winter outdoor activities you can do now that winter is well and truly under way. Also ways to have fun in the outdoors whatever the winter weather throws at you!!